Welcome to the Cyber-Human-Physical Systems Lab at the University of California, Davis.
Our lab is interested in engineering and understanding collaborative, assured autonomy. We study many topics on the borders of control theory, machine learning, formal methods, and cognitive science. Currently our research focuses on:
You can learn more about our Research page, or read some of our Publications.
- 09/10/17 Our paper "Digitalization of Human Operations in the Age of Cyber-Manufacturing: Sensorimotor Analysis of Manual Grinding Performance" has been published at Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering.
- 06/20/17 We have received a Science Translation and Innovative Research (STAIR) grant on "Augmented Reality Multi-Player Quadcopter Game System" from the UC Davis Office of Research. Looking forward to working with Dr. Nelson Max (the PI) from CS on this project!
- 06/07/17 Our collaborative research with Dr. Christian Nansen from the Department of Entomology and Nematology on mitigating agriculture disease with UAVs was featured by two local news stations: ABC10 and CBS13.
- 05/25/17 Our papers "Neurophysiological and Behavioral Studies of Human-Swarm Interaction Tasks" and "Recurrent Convolutional Networks Based Intention Recognition for Human-Robot Collaboration Tasks" have been accepted by IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC). Congrats to Gregory Bales and Zhichao Wang.
- 05/24/17 One of our undergraduate research teams presented their work on EEG-controlled mobile robot at the BMES Annual Research Symposium.
- 05/23/17 Dr. Zhaodan Kong and Dr. Christian Nansen from the Department of Entomology and Nematology co-presented their joint work on "Technologies for Crop Pest Control" at the Precision Ag Seminar.
- 04/18/17 One of our undergraduate research teams, co-advised by Dr. Christian Nansen, presented their UAV-based predatory mites precision delivery system at the Ag Innovation Showcase.
- 04/18/17 One of our undergraduate research teams presented their work on EEG-controlled mobile robot at the 28th Annual Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference.
- 04/06/17 Our paper "Temporal Logics for Learning and Detection of Anomalous Behaviors" is now available at IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control's website.
- 03/24/17 Our paper "Correct-by-Construction Approach for Self-Evolvable Robots" has been accepted by IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications. Congrats to Gang Chen.
- 12/31/16 Our paper "Recognizing Gaze-Motor Behavioral Patterns in Manual Grinding Tasks" is now available at Procedia Manufacturing. Congrats to Greg Bales and Jayanti Das!
- 07/25/16 Our papers "Q-Learning for Robust Satisfaction of Signal Temporal Logic Specifications" and "Active Learning Based Requirement Mining for Cyber-Physical Systems" have been accepted by IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Congrats to Gang Chen, Zachary Sabato, Derya Aksaray and Austin Jones.